logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] a new DEM-File Option

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Oct 26 08:15:16 BST 2017

Hi all,
while Frank is improving his program I'll try to implement his findings in the already existing display tool program DemDisplay, see
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=display&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fsrc%2Ftest%2Fdisplay%2FDemDisplay.java

Up to now it only displays some header infos, I should now be able to code a decoder for the bitstreams. This will help to debug and find special cases.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von osm at pinns <osm at pinns.co.uk>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2017 20:12:52
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] a new DEM-File Option

The same happens with me but only when I set my level to higher than medium.

On 25/10/2017 18:28, lig fietser wrote:

Hi Frank,

Your tool is great, thanks for implementing this. I have tried it on the latest OFM Benelux map. The tool is complaining about missing DEM tiles (I've downloaded it from http://www.viewfinderpanoramas.org/Coverage%20map%20viewfinderpanoramas_org3.htm

I noticed those missing tiles in the Netherlands, it also produces grey empty tiles, see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76rScFomSWo

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76rScFomSWo>

Any idea how to solve this?

Is it also possible to make a DEM map from a direectory with the regular img tiles (not the gmap version) and how?