logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] a new DEM-File Option

From nwillink osm at pinns.co.uk on Wed Oct 25 12:31:49 BST 2017

Hi Frank

Your superb program works a real treat - What an amazing feat to have more
or less deciphered the DEM sub file . I can now give the whole of the UK a
proper DEM look!

Thanks Gerd for providing us with a script as I would have been completely
lost despite the help file.

Unfortunately I too get this odd comment about mapset approx (42mb) but only
27.8 gig available !

At the moment , I'n not too fussed as DEM files tend to darken the GPS
display , in my opinion.

I tried setting different flags in the tdb but to no avail !

I suspect there is a length block issue in the DEM file itself which is
ignored by Basecamp & Mapsource and only used when creating a gmapsupp.

thanks again

Nick