logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] a new DEM-File Option

From Frank Stinner Frank.Stinner at kabelmail.de on Sun Oct 22 17:56:04 BST 2017

Hi,

at first:
yes i mean the DEM-flag in TDB-file like Andrzej Popowski wrote.

at second:
unfortunally it seems, that the corner left-top for TRE-file and
DEM-file should be the same. The height-data organized in subtiles with
64x64 points. The most right sub-tile is a problem, but my workaround
is, to use a normal tile with 64 points width. That's why, the DEM is at
most a little bit widend then the TRE.
The data in a sub-tile are organized as a bitstream. That's why, we can
not split a subtile in parts.
I belive, we must "compile" a DEM for anything TRE new.

at third:
Yes, the best way is, to build in the algorithm in mkgmap. But i'm not
familiar with java. It would be useful, if anybody translate my
description (my german is a little bit better than my english :).
For easy test:
builddemfile --dem=12345678.dem --hgtpath=path2zipped_hgt_files
--tre=12345678.tre --dlon=0.00027761
I build the program with the MS-Visual-Studio 2015.

at fourthly:
I build also a DEM-file for the overview-map, but with --dlon=0.005.

at fifthly:
Probably can a DEM-file several Zoomlevel. But for Mapsourec/Basecamp it
is not necessary. It seems, we need that for a GPS-Device. My Oregon
show DEM only for Zoom <= 800m.

Frank

---