logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] two weird issues

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Oct 6 10:09:42 BST 2017

Hi Philip,

when reading the OSM data mkgmap removes all tags which are not used in mkgmap or in the style.
This is done to reduce memory consumption.

Yes, the handling of rules with != was changed with the merge of the expr branch in r3997.
See also http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/New-style-branch-td5900416.html

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Philip Homburg <pch-mkgmap-dev at u-1.phicoh.com>
Gesendet: Freitag, 6. Oktober 2017 11:03:05
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] two weird issues

Hi Gert,

In your letter dated Fri, 6 Oct 2017 06:26:28 +0000 you wrote:
>I assume with "bicycle:backward=use_sidepath gets filtered out somewhere"
>you mean that your have a rule that looks for this tag  and the rule is not tri
>ggered.
>This may happen when another rule matches earlier.

I put up a small sample at
http://stereo.hq.phicoh.net/~philip/tmp/singel.pbf

Way 183945794 contains:
bicycle=use_sidepath
bicycle_backward=use_sidepath
bicycle:backward=use_sidepath

yet when I put
bicycle=use_sidepath { echotags '' }

at the top of the 'lines' file, I get

Way 183945794 [bicycle=use_sidepath, highway=residential, lit=yes, maxspeed=30, mkgmap:admin_level10=Amsterdam, mkgmap:admin_level2=NLD, mkgmap:admin_level3=Nederland, mkgmap:admin_level4=Noord-Holland, mkgmap:admin_level6=Stadsregio Amsterdam, mkgmap:admin_level8=Amsterdam, mkgmap:admin_level9=Centrum, name=Singel]

>The rule like highway!=track { echo 'foo' }
>is invalid, you probably meant something like
>highway=* & highway!=track { echo 'foo' }

Yes, that makes sense. I guess that earlier versions of mkgmap just matched
everything and didn't complain.