logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap:set_unconnected_type differentiate between connected on both sides or on one side only

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Sun Sep 17 17:26:59 BST 2017

b) did not work when I tried it. I have a test file here (very simple):
https://openmtbmap.org/wp-content/images/debug/driveways.osm

oh yeah the idea why semi_connected is needed camp up because many (mainly
highway=service & service=driveway  and no other tags )in France and
Switzerland are actually needed to get from roads for cars onto
pathes/tracks. Often through a supermarket parking or similar while
highway=service & service=driveway (likewise with no other tag) but mostly
connected only on one side to public roads - are used to map ways to access
a private house door or garden - they really clutter up the map hence I
want to remove them. And yes - sadly far too little driveways add a
foot=yes or foot=designated, or access=yes/access=designated while also far
too many really private ways lack a access=private. Some people in OSM
understand that service=driveway means it public without other tags, while
others understand that it's private.

On 17 September 2017 at 18:14, Felix Hartmann <extremecarver at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've seen a couple - but yes - according to taginfo it's really little,
> https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/service=driveway
> (most are highway=service, then residential and others are really really
> little).
>

> do you think you can change the behavior that b) will also work? If not
> I'm just going to rewrite my rules for highway=service - and drop the idea
> to get rid of track,residential, footway and path with service=driveway tag
> (and hope this does not change in future).
> All other things that are specified in {} brackets also work like b) -
> that's why I thought it should work that way too.
>

> Another possibility would be if it could be added to the finalize section
> instead. So have in finalize section
> ( highway=service | highway=track | highway=path | highway=footway |
> highway=residential ) & service=driveway  {set
> mkgmap:set_semi_connected_type=none; set mkgmap:set_unconnected_type=none}
> which would then overrule rules given higher up.
> (I did not try if this will work already - but I guess not).
>
> On 17 September 2017 at 17:33, nwillink <osm at pinns.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi Gerd
>>
>> In the UK , frequently public footpaths are linked to someone's driveway
>> - I
>> have to say it's often quite 'daunting' to walk up someone's drive in
>> order
>> to continue along a public footpath.

>> Nick
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Mkgmap-Development-f5324443.
>> html
>>

> --
> Felix Hartman - Openmtbmap.org & VeloMap.org
> Schusterbergweg 32/8
> 6020 Innsbruck
> Austria - Österreich

Schusterbergweg 32/8