logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] TYP files and oruxmaps

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Aug 22 08:32:18 BST 2017

Hi Pedro,

sorry, no idea. The project oruxmaps seems to be closed source and unmaintained (last release is from Nov 2013).
Besides that I think it is not a good idea to use a rather outaged and undocumented format like the old Garmin img format
for a new platform like Android. Note that Garmin uses two different formats and the newer one is called NT, mkgmap only
writes the old format.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Pedro Torres <pedro.torres at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Montag, 21. August 2017 20:32:16
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] TYP files and oruxmaps

Hello,

I am trying to open a map that I created with mkgmap with a TYP file in oruxmaps (Android app).
I can load the map with success in my Garmin device or Basecamp but can't open it in oruxmaps. The maps is not rendered correctly.
If a create a IMG file without the TYP file, I can open it in oruxmaps (but its too much ugly).

What's is the best way to fix it?

Thanks,
Pedro