logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Basecamp crashes with my map

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Aug 6 21:06:55 BST 2017

Hi Gert,

the error message seems to say that the problem occurs while reading elevation data.
Maybe mkgmap should not set the "show-profiles" flag when no elevation data was written.
I'll see if I can reproduce the problem tomorrow.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von thesurveyor at wolke7.net <thesurveyor at wolke7.net>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 6. August 2017 19:34:32
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Basecamp crashes with my map

Hi Gerd, Thomas,

I've changed my splitting to handle your hints. But it didn't help so far. Maybe I did something wrong. I will check again.

But I didn't noticed yesterday that the tile is empty. As said my tiles contain contourlines. And with my splitting I get some tiles which are empty. They are somewhere in the ocean. The original tile was larger and covered a part of the continent. So there would be some contourlines. But after my manual split I've got a tile which hasn't.

I have found some more tiles which make problems in my map. And all of them are empty or contain just contourlines with elevation=0 and elevation=0 is not rendered in my style.
Here one example in .osm-format (converted with osmosis from pbf to osm format)

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<osm version="0.6" generator="Osmosis 0.43.1">
  <bounds minlon="-10.67871" minlat="44.20898" maxlon="-2.59277" maxlat="45.00000" origin="0.43.1"/>
</osm>

I've made a cross check with a tile which contains just contourlines with elevation=0. I changed one line (way) to elevation=50 and now this tile runs fine in Basecamp.

Is it a known problem that Basecamp crashes with empty tiles or at least with empty "contourlines tiles"?
Does mkgmap report an error or warning if it builds an empty tile? I didn't see such messages.

Here the error message from Basecamp:
-------------------------------------
App: BaseCamp
At: 06.08.2017 18:46:48 (UTC1)
OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)
Processor: x86, Processor Level: 18, Processors:2, Model: 1 Stepping: 0, RAM: 7854824
MAP.GETDEMELEVATIONFROMMAPCACHE-1216-4.6.2.0
Es wurde versucht, im geschützten Speicher zu lesen oder zu schreiben. Dies ist häufig ein Hinweis darauf, dass anderer Speicher beschädigt ist.
   bei map.GetDemElevationFromMapCache(Optional_t<double>* , Position_t* , Product_t* , MapCache_t* )
   bei bc.MainForm_t.HandleMapViewMouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   bei main(String[] aArgs)

Active Map Product:
oEurC
Version: 1.00

Installed Map Products:
Map Name: Globale Karte (Garmin Product)
Map Id: 133758977
Map Version: 2.0
Map Type: Bundle
Custom Drawn Map: No