logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] License issue in mkgmap & splitter source: GPL-2 (v2 only) incompatible with GPL-3 (v3 only)

From Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl on Tue Jul 25 17:55:09 BST 2017

On 07/25/2017 06:53 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> Hi Gerd,
>
> On 07/25/2017 08:11 AM, Gerd Petermann wrote:
>> as I wrote before I don't care much about the licence.
>> I have no idea what to change. Maybe you can post a patch?
>
> What needs to change is the license header in the various files.
>
>>From GPL-2 (only):
>
>  *  This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
>  *  it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as
>  *  published by the Free Software Foundation.
>  *
>  *  This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
>  *  but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
>  *  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
>  *  GNU General Public License for more details.
>
> To (GPL-2 or GPL-3):

The license text should be:

 * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
 * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 3 or

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1