logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] CP1251/1253/1256 and more broken if used without --lower-case

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue Jun 27 22:12:56 BST 2017

yeah - and on Windows 7 this seems to be different - hence I got really
confused (plus greek in capitals looking a lot like a bad latin
transliteration). However cgpsmapper maps seem to always end up first
capital, then lower case. So somehow I guess there is a hint in the maps
too. Maybe there is some place in the mkgmap codepages that sets this?

On 27 June 2017 at 22:41, Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl> wrote:

> Hi Felix,
>
> > So Mapsource/Basecamp/GPSMapedit simply put Unicode maps like
> > --lower-case (first letter capital, then lower case), but non unicode
> > maps are all in caps?
>
> I guess this conversion to first capital and then lower case works only
> for some code pages. I see the same problem for CP1252 (Eastern Europe) in
> MapSource/Basecamp. But in Dakota labels are converted.
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Andrzej

Schusterbergweg 32/8