logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Mapsource/Basecamp/GPSMapedit transliterating codepage 1251/1256 maps

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue Jun 27 10:56:06 BST 2017

okay - well I left all .typfiles in latin1 anyhow. Simple latin alphabet in
caps is supported in basically all code-pages worldwide anyhow. Also I
suppose this bug is related to windows somehow - as opening single .img
files in gpsmapedit will show latin only too - and I did not load any .typ
file in gpsmapedit.

I simply wonder if this is fixable or not - or better what settings/system
this depends on.
The really strange thing still is that cgpsmapper produced maps are not
affected by this problem. Windows 7 / Server 2008 seems to be okay. Windows
10 seems be affected by this problem on mkgmap created maps.

(sorry Nick for sending this twice to you - hit the wrong reply first)

On 27 June 2017 at 10:33, Felix Hartmann <extremecarver at gmail.com> wrote:

> okay - well I left all .typfiles in latin1 anyhow. Simple latin alphabet
> in caps is supported in basically all code-pages worldwide anyhow. Also I
> suppose this bug is related to windows somehow - as opening single .img
> files in gpsmapedit will show latin only too - and I did not load any .typ
> file in gpsmapedit.
> I simply wonder if this is fixable or not - or better what settings/system
> this depends on.
> The really strange thing still is that cgpsmapper produced maps are not
> affected by this problem.
>
> On 27 June 2017 at 10:21, osm at pinns <osm at pinns.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi Felix
>>
>> This may have no bearing on your issue but Garmin does not respond to
>> 1258 in  a TYP file, ie
>>
>> none of the Vietnamese characters show up in Mapsource Basecamp
>>
>> No issues with  hebrew,arabic greek,Thai,Japanese Korean etc
>>
>> It however, does not explain the errors you are getting

>> Nick
>>

>> On 27/06/2017 09:08, Felix Hartmann wrote:
>>
>> Any Clues on this?
>>
>> If I create maps in arabic or kyrillic (or also greek) script - they do
>> work fine on some computers - on others (notably windows 10) however they
>> are transliterated into latin.
>>

>> Mkgmap is creating the maps correctly - is there any logic behind this/
>> way to stop those programs from transliterating into latin - WITHOUT
>> changing windows default codepage to the map codepage?
>>
>> I do not really understand why/how this is happening and somehow miss the
>> right clues to find out via google.
>>

>> --
>> Felix Hartman - Openmtbmap.org & VeloMap.org
>> Schusterbergweg 32/8
>> 6020 Innsbruck
>> Austria - Österreich

> --
> Felix Hartman - Openmtbmap.org & VeloMap.org
> Schusterbergweg 32/8
> 6020 Innsbruck
> Austria - Österreich

Schusterbergweg 32/8