logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit r3971: - roadNameConfig_v1.patch by Carlos Davida which adds more countries and languages

From Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com on Wed Jun 14 16:25:06 BST 2017

Is anyone interested in adding a section for Thailand?I don't know how to
add them to the configuration file <g>.

There are only a few prefixes in use in Thailand, the most common by far is
"thanon" (ถนน = road), and a few names begin with "soi" (ซอย = lane). Most
often you find the word "soi" at the end of a street name, for example,
Thanon Mahidol Soi 5 (Mahidol Road Lane 5).

Having just those two prefixes in play would help a lot.

Cheers,

Dave

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 7:06 AM, Carlos Dávila <cdavilam at orangecorreo.es>
wrote:

> In what way do you think it is more efficient? I thought you could be
> talking about roads including more than one prefix1 in their name, eg.
> "Avenida de la Calle Mayor", but I tested that name and I can't see any
> difference in search behavior on MapSource. By the way, I found that when
> road name includes two words listed in prefix1 you can still search by the
> original full name:
> Road name: Avenida de la Calle Mayor
> prefix1:es = "Alameda", "Avenida", "Calle", "Callecita", "Paseo" (or
> "Alameda", "Calle", "Avenida", "Callecita", "Paseo")
> You can search both Avenida de la Calle Mayor and Calle Mayor
> Perhaps that can give a clue to include original name in all cases
>
> El 14/06/17 a las 15:11, Alexandre Folle de Menezes escribió:
>

>> Hola Carlos,
>>
>> I see that you are listing the prefixes in alphabetic order.  I believe
>> it would be way more efficient to put the most common prefixes first.
>>
>> For Portuguese, that would be (as I suggested in a previous message):
>>
>> -# portugese
>> -prefix1:pt = "Rua", "Avenida", "Travessa"
>> -prefix2:pt = "da ", "do ", "de ", "das ", "dos "
>> +# portuguese
>> +prefix1:pt = "Rua", "Avenida", "Travessa", "Alameda", "Beco"
>> +prefix2:pt = "da ", "do ", "das ", "dos ", "de ", "d'"
>> Saludos,
>>
>>     Alexandre

>>> I'm working in the completion of roadNameConfig file. I think if I could
>>> somehow get a file with the list of road names in a map I could advance
>>> faster in this task. Is there any tool to get it in the display project?

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska
Chiang Mai, Thailand