logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Creating a point with a full address that can be found

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Jun 7 09:44:12 BST 2017

Hi Ticker,

yes, the img format stores address info in a format that is similar to
an addr:interpolation=* way along a road.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 6. Juni 2017 17:59:19
An: mkgmap development
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Creating a point with a full address that can be found

Hi

I have point items (actually postcodes) that I want to be able to find
with the Find>Address function. These are not normally on a street, but
I have a street name as a point tags that I want to use and standard
mkgmap:admin_level processing provides the city, region and country.

Having them as standard POI doesn't look good (I'd rather they didn't
show on the map) and they swamp other POI making find>"All POI" not
very useful.

Having them as Cities has similar problems.

Trying to decipher how mkgmap processes address information, it seems
to be totally tied up to ways (MapRoad/RoadDef).

Does anyone know if this might be possible?

Thanks
Ticker