logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] r3948 in the optimize-index branch

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue May 23 09:45:54 BST 2017

Hi all,

I've decided to change the files cp-1252.txt and cp-1254.txt to fix the search problems with special characters.
The nordish characters æ and Æ  are now treated like ä and Ä.
The french characters  œ and Œ are now treated like ö and Ö.
In cp-1252 the german character ß is sorted after s. This is only relevant when using the lower-case option, else the character is replaced by SS.

I hope this works for other devices, too. Let me know if I should create another test map.

I tried to use the same "tricks" for the --unicode option (cp-65001.txt), but that did not work on my Oregon, means, I still saw the same problems :-(
I assume I should also change the other "normal" code pages like cp-1250 and cp-1257 ?