logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] POI indexing, problem with label 0x2800

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Apr 29 11:07:38 BST 2017

Hi Andrzej,

I think I now understand the code in MdrUtils and in Mdr4 and Mdr10 much better.
My understanding is that Mdr4 contains the POI which are indexed, it probably also tells the Garmin software what categories and sub categories to show in the search menu,
at least MapSource seems to use it like that. I also saw maps with an empty MDR4, so maybe newer maps don't use that.
I think the content of MDR9 and MDR10 are more important reg. search.

I've added option poi-excl-index in r3922 in the branch.
I've also tried to add type 0x64xx-0x67xx but that doesn't seem to work yet, so I've disabled that code for now.

I've also changed the code so that the new mdr7 options are used for gmapsupp, too.
It was not intended that they were only used for the PC index.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Freitag, 3. Februar 2017 20:11:44
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] POI indexing, problem with label 0x2800

Hi Steve,

I have tested cgpsmapper, it writes into Mdr4 following POIs:

0x0100 - 0x0F00, subtype always 0
0x2Axx - 0x30xx, where subtype xx is 0 - 0x1F
0x64xx - 0x67xx, where subtype xx is 0 - 0x3F

Range of subtypes is what I actually have put into test map, I don't
know if greater values would be supported. POIs 0x67xx are a surprise, I
don't know if they have any real use.

City Navigator Europe has only one POI type at Mdr4, and it is 0x2800,
so maybe this is the reason for mkgmap code. CN EU supports search for
POI, so I guess real index should be somewhere else in MDR.

I don't have many non-NT original Garmin maps to look at. For example
Adria Topo Light include POI types like 2A, 2C, 2F, 64, 65, 66.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej