logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] POI without name

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Apr 28 09:12:10 BST 2017

Hi all,

I've noticed that my Oregon shows a lot of "unnamed" attractions, e.g. when I search for Attraction | Park or Garden.
It seems that the device shows all points wth type 0x2c06 here (maybe also others), no matter if they are indexed or not,
if at least one of them is named and therefore indexed, maybe not all but those in the same sub division of the map.
Maybe there is a flag somewhere which would tell the device if that should be done or not, but I did not find that yet.
Any hints are welcome.

In my case most or unnamed and since the entries are sorted by distance I have to scroll to find those with a name
or type the name if I know it.
To avoid that you can probably use different types for named and unnamed POI. Another option might be to place
unnamed POI in their own sub division.