logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How can we use prefix/suffix feature in road names?

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Apr 19 07:57:13 BST 2017

Hi all,

Continuing Andrzejs proposal
I think about the following structure to specify prefixes which are combinations of multiple words:
language=es {
prefix1 = "Avenida","Avinguda","Carrer","Calle",...
prefix2= "de las","de los","de la","dels","del","d'"
}
language=fr {
prefix1 = "
prefix2= "de las","de los","de la","dels","d'"
}

Given this mkgmap would generate all the possible combinations like
"Avenida", "Avenida de las", ..., "Calle dels", "Calle d'"

If a given road name matches more than one generated prefix, use the longest one.
So, "Carrer de las BlaBla" is matched with "Carrer de las" (not with "Carrer de la" or shorter versions)
and the next character is a blank which means the blank is replaced by 0x1e. A non blank means
that the 0x1b is added after the prefix .

I also think that the matching should be done with case-insensitive search so that typos like
"CArrer de las" or "Carrer de Las" are all changed to "Carrer de las".
If I got that right that is one goal of the rules in name_movedend provided by Carlos.

I am now implementing something like that, please let me know soon if
you see problems with these ideas.