logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch] Default Style change handling of road refs

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Apr 18 13:07:56 BST 2017

Hi David,

I think that means you also prefer Carlos version, so I think that's the way to go.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von David <david.tlp at orange.fr>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 16. April 2017 11:10:57
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] [Patch] Default Style change handling of road refs

I did not test the suggested patch but here is a user feedback.

I want to see on my GPS screen informations that I can check easily along my way. For example, if I want to follow the major road called Nationale 7 or "Route bleue" in France (because it goes from Paris to the Mediterranean Sea), I have to find "N7" on signs along my way. You will never see "Route bleue", except in the name of some restaurants near the road. All this to say that the most important information is what is displayed inside the shield or the rectangular shape on GPS map for a visual search. But "Route bleue" is still an information that should be searchable through the search menu.

David