logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch] Default Style change handling of road refs

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Fri Apr 14 16:23:58 BST 2017

El 14/04/17 a las 10:55, Gerd Petermann escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> got no feedback on this:
> http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Possible-problem-with-global-search-index-since-r3875-tp5894963p5895076.html
>
> The patch changes the default style so that road refs are no longer added to the road name, instead they are added as an additional label,
>
> So, a way like this
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/115469125
> with name=Hamburger Straße, ref=B 105
> will appear as "Hamburger Straße" in the map and will be found when searching for "B 105".
>
> Without the patch the road appears as "B 105 Hamburger Straße" (the B 105 in a highway shield) in the map
> and as "Hamburger Straße (B105) or "Hamburger Straße" or "B 105 Hamburger Straße" (without shield) when searching for Hamburger.
> I always found that very irritating.
>
> Please comment or propose improvements.
> Gerd

I'd prefer to display highway shields if the road has a ref, rather than
name. See attached patch. Note that with both proposed patches the line
highway=* & ref=* { addlabel '${ref}' }
would add a duplicate entry to index for mayor roads having a ref.
Perhaps it should be changed to
(highway!=motorway | highway!=trunk | highway!=primary |
highway!=secondary | highway!=tertiary) & highway=* & ref=* { addlabel