logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How can we use prefix/suffix feature in road names?

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Apr 12 20:48:19 BST 2017

Hi

> There is at least one visible effect of these 0x1e and 0x1f
> characters: When you zoom out MapSource removes the prefix / suffix
> part(s) from

In addition there is 0x1b which is like 0x1e, except that it does not
act as a space.  Only known example is is for "L'" being used as a
prefix:

   Rue de L'Abbe Vincent

There is also 0x1c which is the non-spacing equivalent of 0x1f, I
don't know of any examples of that being used in street names.

Since 0x1e and 0x1f are effectively spaces, I've created a patch to
make them sort along with and just after space.

..Steve