logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] (no subject)

From Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com on Wed Apr 12 00:34:02 BST 2017

Hi,

I have been compiling my own maps of my local areas (<600 mB) for a couple
of years now but the other day for the first time I had to use splitter to
divide a large .osm file. It took several tries to get everything working
to the point that a useful map emerged from the process. However, my
directives are not being processed so the map I get is a plain vanilla
version

The sea and coastline are invisible in the finished product. In addition,
some of my custom lines are missing, for example, the ones used for unpaved
roads and waterway direction. Inexplicably, most of my custom styles for
both highways and POIs are visible.

Th simple splitter command line I'm using is here:

[code]java -Xmx1000m -jar ..\splitter\splitter.jar
"C:\Users\alask\Downloads\Maps\Alaska.osm" --output-dir=..\splitter >
..\splitter\splitter.log [/code]

I've seen examples of a splitter command that uses the
*--precomp-sea="C:\Users\alask\Downloads\Maps\sea.zip" *argument in its
call but iI tried that and it made no difference in the result. Anyway,
this generates three .osm files (63240001, 2, and 3) which I then process
with mkgmap and the following command line. This exact comand line (but
without the template.args parameter) runs perfectly and creates a map
containing all my styles and shows the coastline and sea properly:

java -Xmx1000m -jar mkgmap.jar *-c
"C:\Users\Alask\Documents\splitter\template.args"* --latin1
--family-id=24983 --name-tag-list=name:en,int_name,name --gmapsupp
--description="Alaska" --country-name=USA --country-abbr=USA --index
--location-autofill="is_in,nearest" --copyright-message="ODbL by OSM
contributors" --link-pois-to-ways  --add-pois-to-areas
 --reduce-point-density=4 --reduce-point-density-polygon=8 --merge-lines
--route --drive-on=right --net --housenumbers --x-split-name-index
--check-roundabouts --check-roundabout-flares --process-destination
--process-exits --poi-address *--generate-sea=land-tag=natural=background
--style-file="C:\Users\alask\Dropbox\Mapping\DJS_styles"
--precomp-sea="C:\Users\alask\Downloads\Maps\sea.zip"
--bounds="C:\Users\alask\Downloads\Maps\bounds"
"C:\Users\alask\Dropbox\Mapping\24983djs.TYP"*

Is the placement or order of the arguments important? Any other ideas or
suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks for your help,

Dave

--