logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter-related problem: invocation of split

From philip pd8554mb01 at t-online.de on Tue Mar 28 12:53:28 BST 2017

Dear forumites,

I have encounterd a (probably beginner's) problem starting splitting of
osm maps. On starting split of an unzipped map (e.g.:
luxembourg-latest.osm as a small example) I recieve the following error
report:
--------------
crosby/binary/file/BlockReaderAdapter at
uk.me.parabola.splitter.Main.<init>(Main.java:58) at
uk.me.parabola.splitter.Main.main(Main.java:77) Caused by:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: crosby.binary.file.BlockReaderAdapter
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381) at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424) at
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331) at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) ... 2 more
--------------

The run was started with command (as suggested on the web page)::
--------------
$<path-to-javadownload>/java -Xmx2000M -jar splitter.jar luxembourg.osm
--------------

I have the following hardware/OS combination:
a Desktop with 64bit-AMD Processor (relatively fast), 2* 1TB disk and
8G RAM running OpenSUSE Leap 42.2 (relatively well updated)
Oracle java 8u121 (for linux-x64)
splitter r580

I am no idea of java - my tip would be some error on my side setting
things up. Can anyone give me info leading to correction of the error?

kind regards
philip

--
Dr. Philip Dellafera