logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] RAM and mdr Europa ?

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Tue Mar 28 11:40:40 BST 2017

Hi

On my device: find > "All POI" (or any of the more specific finds) only
show certain types - 0x12, 0x1c, 0x1d, 0x29 - 0x30, 0x64 - 0x66.

If the POI doesn't have a name, it shows as "Unnamed xxx" where xxx
seems to be supplied by the garmin device depending on the type/subtype

The default style has the following:

barrier=bollard | barrier=bus_trap | barrier=gate [0x660f resolution
24]
barrier=block | barrier=cycle_barrier | barrier=stile |
barrier=kissing_gate [0x660f resolution 24]

0x660f on my device is "Land Feature"/"Pillar"

So, when out walking and I want to see what is nearby, doing a
find>"All POI" can yield a long list of "Unnamed Pillar" because of all
the nearby gates and stiles.

I never want to search for a barrier, but would like to see them on the
map, so using a POI type that doesn't show on find> and setting the
name of the POI to the type of barrier solves this.

Likewise, I like to see linear barriers, so in my style/lines I have:
barrier=wall | barrier=fence | barrier=hedge | barrier=ditch
  {add name='${barrier|subst:"_=> "}'} [0x2a resolution 24]

#RWB is just an marker I use so I can tell which are my changes from
the default style when I want to merge in release changes.

It occurred to me later: is there a set of POI types that are never
searchable on any device. If so, can they be omitted from the POI
index, so saving mkgmap index processing memory and IMG size

Ticker