logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] RAM and mdr Europa ?

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Mar 24 16:24:54 GMT 2017

Hi Thomas,

I think it depends on the style. The more indexable objects you create and the longer the names, the more memory is needed.
Andrzej suggested not to put POI with type 0x28 into the index. Do you think this would help to reduce size in your case?
See this thread:
http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/POI-indexing-problem-with-label-0x2800-tt5889663.html

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Thomas Morgenstern <webmaster at img2ms.de>
Gesendet: Freitag, 24. März 2017 17:07:22
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] RAM and mdr Europa ?

Hi, I have a W10, 64 bit machine  and 10 GB RAM. Since  a few months i can not generate the mdr-file for Europa from www.Download.Geofabrik.de<http://www.Download.Geofabrik.de> In a first run i generate only all the maptiles. No Problem. in a second i will generate the overview, tdb and mdr. I start java -Xmx9800m -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit jar mkgmap.jar code-page=1252 -family-id=1901 -x-split-name-index -index  D:\Karten\Europa\*.img.

and get the error.

[cid:part1.6A605C7E.D89F4F60 at img2ms.de]

with mkgmap-r3864 it get the same error.

How many RAM must i have for Europa complete ?. In august 2016 it was possible to create the mdr with 6 GB RAM. But the filesize is growm ...

thomas