logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] fixme rules

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Mar 21 10:04:21 GMT 2017

Hi all,

any feedback on this?
I see several ways to improve fixme handling.
1) add a new option --ignore-fixme-values which is used when
reading osm data and means: ignore all tags when the value matches the fixme
pattern '(?i)fix[ _]?+me'
Disadvantage:
- Would add a regular expression check for each tag
- user has no control if he wants only certain tags to be cleaned up
- requires new option
Advantage: Removes the values before they can cause trouble in routines
which try to find a name.
(e.g. if name-list says name:de,name_loc,name)

2) In the style, as an include like Andrzejs patch sugested.
Disadvantages:
- Internal routines might evaluate the unwanted tags before style
processing.
- For ways the rules may be tested twice (when rules for lines and shapes
are concatenated)
(not sure if this matters)
Advantage:
- no new option needed