logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Performance with large files

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Mar 19 19:39:40 GMT 2017

OK, quite surprising numbers.
I'll see if I can reproduce them and if there is something wrong.
It seems you are using splitter with keep-complete=false?
It would be great if you could post the areas.list from splitter and
the options for both programs.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Bernhard Hiller <bhil at gmx.de>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 19. März 2017 19:46:32
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Performance with large files

Eventually I updated Java and tried the latest version of mkgmap 3847
(and also splitter 580).
The extracts were retrieved from Geofabrik on Saturday 18.
Germany: 2.93 GB
plus additional countries: 5.62 GB (incl. Germany) which were combined
to a 7.57 GB o5m file.
splitter: Germany 14 minutes - Central Europe 20 minutes
mkgmap: Germany 30 minutes - Central Europe 133 minutes
While splitter performed better than O(n) (more like O(sqrt(n))),
mkgmap performed worse than O(n^2).