logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Performance with large files

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Mar 19 11:30:00 GMT 2017

Hi Bernhard,

if you see a different picture with the current version, please let me know.
One effect that might cause longer run time for later processed tiles is the String.intern()
method or Gargabe Collection in general.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann <GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 19. März 2017 12:16:54
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Performance with large files

Hi Bernhard,

the calculation time per tile can depend on map elements, e.g. complex multpolygons
may result in additional seconds. Besides that there should be a O(n) calculation time.
The final step however is typically to calculate the index , and that step reads data from
all tiles, so it depends on the amount of data.
Note the hint about --index in the help:
        If both the --gmapsupp and --tdbfile options are given alongside
        the --index option, then both indexes will be created. Note that
        this will require roughly twice as much memory.