logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] if-then-else in style and style options

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Mar 16 09:27:36 GMT 2017

Hi Dave,

I fully agree with you. The if-then-else syntax seems to create more problems than it solves.
So, what was your initial idea when you wrote that it would be great to have if-then in styles?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Dave Swarthout <daveswarthout at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 16. März 2017 10:19:23
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] if-then-else in style and style options

I don't like it but I don't know what to tell you to replace it with. All such "tricks" make writing code less than straightforward and penalize the casual user greatly. I am grateful to you and Ticker, et. al., for making an effort to add this functionality but IMO if you resort to such techniques it will be defeating the very purpose of creating the If-Then construct, that purpose being to simplify the writing of these somewhat strange style rules.

Respectfully,

Dave