logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Is any mapper using custom Icons, not displaying labels, but still allows GPS to search by labels?

From greg crago gregcrago at gmail.com on Tue Mar 14 23:31:55 GMT 2017

I decided to use Custom ICONS for FAST FOOD (for example) So I display a
McDonalds POINT, I don't want to show a label, because the symbol conveys
the brand name. Yet I want to be able to SEARCH for FAST FOOD and see
McDonalds show up in the list. Has anybody done this?

I had asked a somewhat similar question and a fellow mapper used a BLANK
POINT (0x2a07) for fast food and then overlays unique brand symbols on top
of this. But since I am deleting the NAME tag, I don't think the search
will work anymore

Greg