logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] fixme rules

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Mar 9 14:56:44 GMT 2017

Hi Andrzej,

yes, I agree that we have some rules which might be improved. I just try to make up my mind what is best.

The POI for MP-relations are generated with special code which also searches for nodes with role=label or role=admin_centre.
For ways not generated from MP-relations the POIGenerator checks only if the way is closed or not, all closed ways are treated as area.
(all this happens before processing the rules in points, lines, or polygons)

I've verified that the code in MultipolygonRelatiion creates multiple ways, all tagged with mkgmap:mp_created=true
- One for each outer ring with tag mkgmap:stylefilter=polyline, these are only processed by the lines rules
- One or more for the areas (after splitting to cut out holes) with tag mkgmap:stylefilter=polygon, these are only processed by the polygon rules

I agree that the fixme rules should be placed in an include that is placed at the beginning of points, lines and polygons,
but what about relations?

Another problem: Assume you have a way with name=XYZ and name:de=Fixme and
--name-tag-list=name:de,name
I guess one would prefer to see name=XYZ instead of Fixme (or null if fixme rules were applied) in that case.

I start to believe that the fixme handling should (again) be done in Java code.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 9. März 2017 14:44:28
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] fixme rules

Hi Gerd,

I think you are considering other problem then I. I'm not talking about
inner/outer line, but about proper recognizing if OSM object is an area.

Actually a rule, which adds area=yes is already present in lines. And
some tests for mkgmap:mp_created are present in polygons, see
highway=pedestrian.

This rule isn't useful for pois, but I wonder how mkgmap creates poi
from areas. Does it test for multipolygon or area=yes?

--
Best regards,
Andrzej