logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] RE Commit r3801: merge split-shape branch

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Feb 21 09:02:48 GMT 2017

Hi Ticker,

I thought about this for a while and I am still not sure where to go.

One problem with the high-prec stuff is that it is missleading.
When I started to code the highprec() code my only intention was to be able to
retreive "the original" position as coded in OSM.
You probably learned it the hard way that the value returned by Coord.getLatitude()
sometimes is different to the value from a rounded Coord.getHighPrecLat() .
The reason is that functions like Coord.getAlternativePositions() used by WrongAngleFixer
create Coord instances with the same highprec positions but different rounding (a bit more to
the left or right, a bit more up or down). The idea is that the map looks better when
the error for that single point is increased. A good place to check this are multiple parallel rails.

I am still trying to find good code to calculate the bounding box for coords with this special case.
When such a point is close to or "on" the bounding box in one precision it might be outside
with the other. I wonder if it would be better to use low precision as soon as possible.

If you have a good idea for that please let me know.

In the meantime I have found some reasons to change precision from 30 to 32 bit as this helps when
checking mp-relations. I found new problems, e.g. 180.0 degrees and -180.0 degrees started to give the
same 32 bit value. Working on that now...