logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Terraced/pixellated coastline with --precomp-sea

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Feb 20 05:10:42 GMT 2017

Hi NopMap,

Both precompiled and generated sea will produce polygons with
natural=sea or natural=land
by default, so your style probably contained a rule for one of them.

With r3815 I've fixed one error regarding skipSizeFilter . I tried to reproduce your problem
with r3814 by changing the default style to use 0x3c for natural=sea and found no problem unless
I used an extreme value for the size filter like --min-size-polygon=300.
Please check your options  for this filter, see output for
java -jar mkgmap.jar --help:options
It shows:
--min-size-polygon=NUM
        Removes all polygons smaller than NUM from the map.
        This reduces map size and speeds up redrawing of maps.
        Recommended value is 8 to 15, default is 8.
        See also polygon-size-limits.

--polygon-size-limits=limits code
        Allows to specify different min-size-polygon values for each resolution.
        Sample:
        --polygon-size-limits="24:12, 18:10, 16:8, 14:4, 12:2, 11:0"
        If a resolution is not given, mkgmap uses the value for the next higher
        one. For the given sample, resolutions 19 to 24 will use value 12,
        resolution 17 and 18 will use 10, and so on.
        Value 0 means to skip the size filter.
        Note that in resolution 24 the filter is not used.

If these settings are extreme you should see problems with all large polygons.

Hope this helps.