logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch] unpaved roads

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Feb 10 09:41:57 GMT 2017

Hi ligfietser,

good points. Attached is v7 of the patch.

reg. mtb:scale: It seems to me that many mappers confuse this with
mtb:scale:uphill.
I looked at quite a lot of ways with surface=asphalt & mtb:scale>=2
and they all look like normal roads to me. I tend to think that the tag
mtb:scale is more
likely to be wrong, mabye the road was once unpaved and later got a new
surface.
So, I think values > 2 are likely to be unpaved, below the surface tag is
more likely to
be correct when it says something like paved.
Possible special case: surface=wood means paved, e.g. I think of a a bridge,
BUT it might also be a construction on a difficult downhill track or a
mistake meaning "rough ground with roots or branches".

reg. bridleways:
I've asked in the UK forum :
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=57310
I think that means you are right, we should treat highway=bridleway like
path.

BTW: I think the unpatched style really has an error. A way with
highway=path + sac_scale=hiking
is not treated as unpaved. There are quite a lot of them in the Alps.

Gerd
surface_v7.patch
<http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/file/n5890993/surface_v7.patch>

ligfietser wrote