logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch] unpaved roads

From lig fietser ligfietser at hotmail.com on Wed Feb 8 18:26:52 GMT 2017

I prefer v1, some remarks:

Please add paving_stones:30 (6012 cases)

I would suggest to set smoothness ~ '.*(very_bad|horrible|impassable)'  and give smoothness=bad a road_speed penalty. See https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=57179

https://github.com/ligfietser/mkgmap-style-sheets/commit/1950f88900baaff405bab01887d7e7acbab799af

________________________________

Hi all,

I've created two different patches, both treat surface=cobblestone as paved.
The major difference between v1 and v2 is in the handling of possibly conflicting attributes.
For example, I found quite a lot of ways with
highway=track, surface=paved , tracktype=3
in my hometown area.
With v1 and also with unpatched default style this will be treated as unpaved, with v2 it is paved.

The logic in v2 is that we first find surface tags which say "road is paved" and for those roads
we will never set mkgmap:unpaved=1.

Which one would you prefer?