logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problems with -- gmapi (and possibly --gmapsupp also)

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Feb 8 10:42:09 GMT 2017

Hi Patrik

> Folder structure looks the same as with for example jmc_cli.

I'm sorry but I still do not understand the problem.

If you create a map normally and then convert it with the garmin
converter does that gmapi map work?

The same map converted with mkgmap --gmapi, you are saying does
not work.

So if the first one works, but the second doesn't, then there must be
a difference between the two maps.

The only differences I know of are:

1. We do not create the top level osmmap.gmapi directory.
2. There are differences in the white space in the Info.xml file.

Or there is a difference in your case that I am not aware of.

If the problem is the first, then it is easy enough to fix.
I can't believe that it is the second, but you never know..

If there is another difference I need to know what it is.
If you could create a small map that does not work that you
could upload that would be helpful.

..Steve