logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] is_in filter

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Feb 7 20:54:58 GMT 2017

Hi Felix,

looks simple enough, but what would be the rule to set the new special tags like mkgmap:urban?
Do you think those could be calculated somehow using only the data used to compile the bounds file?
If yes, please give more details.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Felix Hartmann <extremecarver at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 7. Februar 2017 21:32:10
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] is_in filter

On 6 February 2017 at 21:45, Gerd Petermann <GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com<mailto:GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>> wrote:
this is probably a completely different problem. A highway=* way might be inside or outside some admin_level=*
boundary, but it may also cross one or more boundaries and it might be part of the boundary.
I think the bounds file contains all information needed to split the ways when needed.

Well I hoped that it would be splitted therefore at boundaries if needed.

e.g. I would do:
highway=cycleway & mkgmap:urban=yes [road_speed=1 road_class=0]
highway=cycleway & mkgmap:rural=yes [road_speed=2 road_class=4]
highway=cycleway & mkgmap:very_urban [road_speed=0 road_class=0]

Optimum would be to find cycleways which run in urban areas alongside roads and heavily downclass them - but I guess that is even less doable.

Schusterbergweg 32/8
6020 Innsbruck
Austria - Österreich