logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] unpaved roads

From lig fietser ligfietser at hotmail.com on Tue Feb 7 09:40:30 GMT 2017

I'd call that semi-paved but Garmin doesn't have such category unfortunately. Since the default style main focus is on motor vehicles I'd suggest to add surfaces like fine_gravel, salt, ice to the unpaved list. And please add soil to it, it seems a quite popular tag.

Gerd wrote
This "raining" part is probably what paved/unpaved is about: The surface of a paved road should not change when it's raining
and your vehicle will not be covered with dirt when traveling on a paved road while it is raining (at least not from dirt which was part of the surface).

Do you agree on that (last sentence)?