logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] r3784 produces large img files than r3773

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Feb 3 18:28:13 GMT 2017

Hi Ticker,

my impression is that the new algos are more likely to place nearby objects into different sub divs,
that would be bad for ShapeMergeFilter, esp. without --order-by-decreasing-area.
I'll try to find out more tomorrow if you have no simple fix for that.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Freitag, 3. Februar 2017 18:56:06
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] r3784 produces large img files than r3773

Hi Gerd

Most of the changes that will make a difference to size are related to
MapArea/SubDivision contents and splitting hence ShapeMergeFilter
activity.

As far as changes in size between the versions:

3782-3784 should be similar and a little bit worse than 3781 because of
a fix to stop a large subdivision being extended on both sides

3781 should be quite a lot better than 3780 because it stops irrelevant
items being added to the MapArea data usage count, triggering more
splitting than necessary

3779 should be better than 3778 because it should stop a lot of
splitting at lower resolution

3778-3774 should be broadly similar

Relating to a given version with and without OrderByDecreasingArea:
I've always found images a bit bigger - sometimes up to 4% for areas
with large numbers of adjacent buildings that shapeMergeFilter joins.

I haven't done anything intentional that would change this in any of
the recent revisions.

I'm not sure if this answers your question

Ticker