logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Is height: filter working as described?

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Feb 2 10:31:49 GMT 2017

Hi Carlos,

I forgot to mention that the special separation character added by the height filter might tell Garmin softtware
to convert the value (again). IIRC there is a flag in the img file which tells Garmin if values are in feet or metres, so
you are probably right that the filter doesn't work as expected.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann <GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2017 11:18:05
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Is height: filter working as described?

Hi Carlos,

this seems to be a problem in the documentation. I found this description for the height filter:
"This is exactly the same as the conv filter, except that it prepends a special separation character before the value
which is intended for elevations."
${ele|height:"m=>ft"}

This can be easily confused with the example for the conv filter:
${height|conv:"m=>ft"}

Looking at the source code the description for height seems okay.
In your examples the rule doesn't place the argument in "", maybe that is the problem?