logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] road-speed

From Michael Poesdorf michael.poesdorf at poesinet.de on Sat Jan 28 14:41:42 GMT 2017

Dear all,

maybe you could help me, as I did not find hints on the internet.

I wonder if it is possible to have different road_speeds for different
vehicles in one map.

Background:

Currently I have one map for car use on my device and a second one for
vacation when travelling with the caravan. The second map has lower
road_speeds as I'm not that fast with the trailer.

To save tiles and memory, the second map is quite reduced (less points, also
less minor streets, tracks, etc).

For compiling and memory reason I would like to merge the speed aspect into
one map.

Would it be possible to have something like

   highway=* & type.equals("motorcycle") { add mkgmap:road-speed = '-2' }

An additional aspect to consider would be that this command would be needed
multiple times, as from my experience it is not possible to do "-2" in
general. Also there would be an issue with minor roads, that have a low
road_speed, as it might get negative.

Any hint is greatly appreciated. If it is not doable at all, tell also
,please.

Thanks, Michael