logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] new branch split-shape

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Jan 23 10:01:11 GMT 2017

Hi Ticker,

Ticker Berkin wrote
> What aspect of sea polygons is getting worse?

GPSMapEdit reports that the shapes require more memory, I think that means
that --order-by-decreasing-area
option still creates more shapes. Same problem with background shapes
(0x4B).
A quick work around might be to place those large polygons into their own
sub divs.
I am experimenting with this idea and with an earlier shape merge.

Ticker Berkin wrote
> Once the new algo is shown not to cause problems: for quick/simple
> wins, I'd like to convert PolygonSplitter*, AreaClipper and
> MultiPolygonRelation to use the new code.

OK, go ahead.