logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] SCHWERWIEGEND (MapSplitter): Area too small to split at

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Jan 14 06:36:50 GMT 2017

Hi Walter,

hmm, all log messages are written with the same routine, each message is one line,
and they should all have the correct line ending.
When you say logfile, is that the output written to stderr or do you use java option
like -Dlog.config=logging.properties to configure the details?
See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/dev#Enabling_Debugging
for more info about that.
If you use a command like  this
java -jar mkgmap.jar .... > mkgmap.log 2>mgkmap.err
the two files mkgmap.log and mkgmap.err should also have cr-lf style.

Reg. the message itself : It seems that your style genenrates a POI for each of the 271 addr:xxx
nodes in this area. I think the algo in MapSplitter can be changed to handle that. Will try that later.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Walter Schlögl <Walter.Schloegl-Resch at aon.at>
Gesendet: Freitag, 13. Januar 2017 23:37:12
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] SCHWERWIEGEND (MapSplitter): Area too small to split at

If there are too many address tags (or maybe also other tags) mkgmap
generates a lot of error messages.
For all these error messages the <CR><LF> is missing at the end, if it runs
under windows.
Would it be possible to add the correct EOL chars so that the logfile keeps
it's readability?
All other messages outputted with echo are having a correct <CR><LF> at the
end.

If anybody has a solution how to reduce these errors it would also be
helpfull.
Here are the areas I have found in my logfile.

SCHWERWIEGEND (MapSplitter): 50120092.o5m: Area too small to split at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=52.218511&mlon=6.881390&zoom=17 (reduce
the density of points, length of lines, etc.)
SCHWERWIEGEND (MapBuilder): 50120092.o5m: Too many POIs at location
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=52.218554&mlon=6.881454&zoom=17 - 210-901
Emmastraat will be ignored

More areas are in attached logfile excerpt.

Walter