logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Map background is wrong color

From Jakob Mühldorfer mail at jmuehldorfer.de on Sun Jan 8 12:01:10 GMT 2017

Hi,

I noticed something odd. This might not be related to mkgmap, but I hope
you have some idea.

Using the OpenTopoMap typ file:
https://github.com/der-stefan/OpenTopoMap/blob/master/garmin/style/typ/OpenTopoMap.txt

The draworder starts with:
> [_drawOrder]
> Type=0x4b,0
>             ;background

The Polygon 0x4b is also defined to be white:
> [_polygon]
> Type=0x4b
> Xpm="0 0 1 0"
> "a c #ffffff"
> [end]

and to make things even worse: in screenshots the background is plain white:
https://i.imgur.com/MGr3hlw.png

But on the device, it is definitely yellow.
Even more yellow than this image might illustrate:
https://i.imgur.com/QDSz7Mc.jpg
Display energy saving mode is also turned off
And the display is not at fault, the text box on top is perfect white

Did I use some setting in mkgmap wrong (transparency or such)? Or does
Garmin screw it up

Thanks
Jakob