logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] copyright and check roundabouts improvements

From Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk on Fri Jan 6 15:35:29 GMT 2017

HI Gerd, please find attached an updated patch that attributes the source of
the new Coord.offset method, moves 6371000 to a constant and adds a unit
test.

I note that http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/latlong.html suggests
6371000 as the mean radius of the earth to be used in calculations, but that
elsewhere the code uses 6378137 which is the radius at the equator. The
difference is only 0.1%, but is there a reason why the existing code uses
the equatorial figure?

Cheers,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerd Petermann [mailto:GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com]
Sent: 06 January 2017 09:01
To: Development list for mkgmap <mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] copyright and check roundabouts improvements

Hi Mike,

quite complex code. Did you find the formular in Coord.offset()  on your
own?
If not, please add a comment with the source, I guess it is
"Destination point given distance and bearing from start point" at
http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/latlong.html
which is mentioned at the top commant in Coord.java ?

Please add a named constant for 6371000 and a unit test.