logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Mkgmap new versions missing a way during compilation

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Fri Dec 30 23:02:48 GMT 2016

I first thought it's my style - but then I checked some more maps from
others - and it seems to be missing everywhere:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/354826927#map=17/37.38957/-7.44517&layers=CN

That seems to be quite a serious bug - the way is simply lost!
With older mkgmap versions this was fine - I can find it in a map I
compiled last June - so mkgmap versions older May 2016 were not affected I
guess (or it's a java bug?).

I took out "--reduce-point-density=3.4 --reduce-point-density-polygon=6 "
but it did not change anything. As far as I can see it's kinda strange to
put a road like this into OSM - but I would not consider it wrong tagging.
My maps do have tertiary_link included in the style - and it works in other
places.
It must have something to do with the shape of the way - length of it.

Felix

Schusterbergweg 32/8
6020 Innsbruck
Austria - Österreich