logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Copyright & License file reader improvements

From Patrik Brunner patrik.brunner at gmx.net on Thu Dec 29 13:59:59 GMT 2016

Gents,
skipping empty lines might be a problem.... or at least was one.

According documentation and my own experience the first line of the file
handed over via --copyright-file is not shown on the garmin devices, but
on BaseCamp.

In order to have all licenses properly shown on the device with no
'garbage' in BaseCamp, empty lines should not be skipped.

In my environment I use the same file for the options --copyright-file
and --license file... with the effect, that BaseCamp shows it twice
whereas GarminDevice shows it once.

Regarding UTF8 in style files:
My style files are in UTF-8 Encoding with BOM. This independant if I
build a cp1252, cp1251 or unicode map.

Cheers
Patrik