logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap option product-version and gmapsupp format

From Patrik Brunner patrik.brunner at gmx.net on Sun Dec 18 17:00:54 GMT 2016

Steve,

as already announced:
with all the intensive testing regarding unicode, gmap and others I
found following in my opinion strange behaviour in relation to gmapsupp
format:

  * my mkgmap call for gmapsupp creation contains the option
    '--product-version="1612"'
  * when checking the created gmapsupp.img with GMapTool, the heades
    does contain only 'v 0.00'
  * when checking the gmapsupp.img via BaseCamp while the GPS is
    connected the version column also shows 0.00
  * the detailed output of GMapTool does not contain the string "1612"
    at all

This raises my concern about product-version not properly handled in the
gmapsupp conversion.

Yes, I know, a gmapsupp.img may contain more than only one
product/family/map...
But as mkgmap creates a gmapsupp.img for one product/family only per run
it might be worth writing the version info properly into the header ?
.... other maps (official ones) seem to propagate the release
information into that header field.

I'm not completely sure if above assumptions are correct or if I missed
something.

Sorry for bringing up another issue.... ;-)
And thanks for looking at it.

Cheers
Patrik