logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Java Exception on Greece map merging

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sat Dec 17 21:14:23 GMT 2016

Hi

In addition to the previous bugs I found there is also
http://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6616627 which is
an old bug which appears similar but was for Long.valueOf() instead of
Integer.valueOf().

On the assumption that it is a JVM bug and as it is affecting a few
people, we should consider a workaround.

Probably
   poi.setZip(zips.get(new Integer(zipIndex-1)))

would work.

As the zipIndex values are typically small, the integer cache
may be valuable in our case.  So we could implement our own,
but it would have to be different enough to avoid running into
the same bug.  We don't need negative numbers so that might be
enough.

The netbeans project implemented their own integer cache as their
workaround.

	http://hg.netbeans.org/releases/rev/ff893c3cec4d

..Steve