logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Adding the gmapi format.

From Patrik Brunner patrik.brunner at gmx.net on Thu Dec 15 19:39:37 GMT 2016

Steve,
indeed the names are absolutely correct when calling with
--overview-mapname.

Checking the outcoming directory structure aswell as the xml file shows
all fine regarding file names:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<MapProduct xmlns="http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/MapProduct/v1">
  <Name>Freizeitkarte_LUX 16.12</Name>
  <DataVersion>100</DataVersion>
  <DataFormat>Original</DataFormat>
  <ID>6442</ID>
  <IDX>Freizeitkarte_LUX.mdx</IDX>
  <MDR>Freizeitkarte_LUX_mdr</MDR>
  <TYP>6442.TYP</TYP>
<SubProduct>
  <Name>Freizeitkarte_LUX 16.12</Name>
  <ID>1</ID>
  <BaseMap>Freizeitkarte_LUX</BaseMap>
  <TDB>Freizeitkarte_LUX.tdb</TDB>
  <Directory>Product1</Directory>
</SubProduct>
</MapProduct>

I'm just wondering about DataVersion being 100 eventhough I call mkgmap
with --product-version="1612". Shouldn't that version go into that
DataVersion also ? A gmap archive structure created with jmc_cli does
fill DataVersion with the 'correct' number, btw.

As promised here the xml file from the City Navigator:
Info.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<MapProduct xmlns="http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/MapProduct/v1">
   <Name>City Navigator Europe NTU 2016.30</Name>
   <InstallationID>1</InstallationID>
   <DataVersion>1930</DataVersion>
   <DataFormat>NT</DataFormat>
   <ID>4037</ID>
   <IDX>CNEuroNTU_2016_30.mdx</IDX>
   <MDR>CNEuroNTU_2016_30_mdr</MDR>
   <TRF>CNEuroNTU_2016_30_trf.trf</TRF>
   <TYP>I0000FC5.TYP</TYP>
   <SubProduct>
     <Name>City Navigator Europe NTU 2016.3</Name>
     <ID>1</ID>
     <BaseMap>CNEuroNTU_2016_30</BaseMap>
     <TDB>CNEuroNTU_2016_30.tdb</TDB>
     <Directory>Product1</Directory>
     <Notice>eula.txt</Notice>
     <MapLogosPath>Logos</MapLogosPath>
   </SubProduct>
</MapProduct>

Info_v2.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<MapProduct xmlns="http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/MapProduct/v2">
   <Name>City Navigator Europe NTU 2016.30</Name>
   <InstallationID>1</InstallationID>
   <DataVersion>1930</DataVersion>
   <DataFormat>NT</DataFormat>
   <ID>4037</ID>
   <Files>
     <File id="IDX">CNEuroNTU_2016_30.mdx</File>
     <File id="MDR">CNEuroNTU_2016_30_mdr</File>
     <File id="TRF">CNEuroNTU_2016_30_trf.trf</File>
     <File id="TYP">I0000FC5.TYP</File>
   </Files>
   <SubProduct>
     <Name>City Navigator Europe NTU 2016.3</Name>
     <ID>1</ID>
     <BaseMap>CNEuroNTU_2016_30</BaseMap>
     <Directory>Product1</Directory>
     <Files>
       <File id="TDB">CNEuroNTU_2016_30.tdb</File>
       <File id="NoticeUtf8">eula.txt</File>
     </Files>
   </SubProduct>
   <MapLogosPath>Logos</MapLogosPath>