logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap: problems with encoding file used with option --license-file

From Patrik Brunner patrik.brunner at gmx.net on Wed Dec 14 20:01:30 GMT 2016

Steve,
In very short: all looks fine.

Bit longer:
I've cleaned up the building environment and created a small map (LUX) a
few times:

  * on linux, unicode
  * on linux, cp1252
  * on windows, unicode
  * on windows, cp1252

I've checked these results the following ways:

  * gmap archive (jmc_cli) on BaseCamp
  * gmapsupp.img directly on the GPS (Oregon 450t only)
  * gmapsupp.img in BaseCamp while having GPS connected to PC

And as said at the very beginning: all looks fine.

As you know: only some Latin1 characters where tested, but I do not
think we'll have new conceptual problems with other characters.

I would consider the issue as solved, I'm a very happy user and from my
side (pure user perspective) it's ready to be merged.

Many thanks for your support on this, really appreciated.
Patrik