logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Distinction between smooth paved/rough paved/unpaved streets

From Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com on Thu Dec 1 13:35:55 GMT 2016

Carlos Dávila <cdavilam at orangecorreo.es> writes:

> You can use something like this:
> highway=residential & (surface=concrete | surface=asphalt) [0x06
> road_class=X road_speed=Y resolution 22]
> highway=residential & (surface=sett | surface=paving_stones) [0x06
> road_class=A road_speed=B resolution 22]
> highway=residential [0x06 road_class=0 road_speed=2 resolution 22]
> Try different X and Y values to fit your needs.

I would also suggest to set a special speed for surface=sett/etc. and to
use the regular paved speed for roads that are either not marked with a
surface tag or have some unknown value.  Basically, assume it's ok
unless there is a specific tag you understand.